Old 23-03-2004, 04:46 PM
klara King

Default jasmine for mother's day - help!!!

Victoria Clare writes
Do you have a south-facing sheltered wall? If so, it should survive outside
there if planted out later this year unless it gets really specially cold. I
took one off the wall of this house when we moved it: it was a massive
thing and really took some moving!

Thanks, Victoria. We do have what I thought was a warm south-facing
wall, but for about the last five or six years the wisteria that grows
there has frozen in the bud - a combination of earlier buds and later
frosts. Could it go there in a large pot, though, which I might be able
to cover?

In the meanwhile, do you have a porch window sill or a window that
doesn't have a radiator right underneath it? I think it should do fine there
for a few months.

Skirting board radiators all around, but the heat is more diffused. The
choice is south- or north-facing (or west in the kitchen), but googling
disagrees on whether they like direct sun.

I wonder how house plants know that it's central heating and not a hot
country. Is it the dryness? Would lots of misting help?

Thanks for your help -
Klara

--
Communication Crafts
93 Copthorne Road, East Grinstead, West Sussex RH19 2PB, U.K.