Old 23-03-2004, 04:46 PM
Franz Heymann

Default OT Civilised World?

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message
In article ,
Andy Hunt wrote:
Thanks Nick, this is very interesting.

What you say confirms what Franz was saying about many

African countries in
the first place.

Do I take it from what you write that you are comparing

the current
situation in the Palestinian territories to that in the

REST of Africa,
rather than in South Africa . . . ?

"Don't regard the situations as similar"

No, because African injustices over the past 50 years have

varied
from the negligible to as bad as the Nazis. What I am

saying is
that apartheid in South Africa was never as systematic a

repression
as was made out by the UK propaganda, and that the

repression was
never anywhere near as bad as is being visited on the

Palestinians.

True, but the situation in SA was an exploitation of the
black people, and a positive prevention of allowing them to
acquire either skills or education beyond the bare minimum.

Franz