Old 23-03-2004, 04:46 PM
Franz Heymann

Default mushroom boxes

"Jaques d'Alltrades"
wrote in message
The message
from "Mike Crossland"

contains these
words:
"martin" wrote in a message:

snip
Shitake mushrooms grown on a toilet roll what could be

more suitable.
---

Well, well! Who would have believed that they can be

grown on toilet
rolls, if I hadn't seen the photo. of them doing so, I

would have thought
that April Fools' Day had come early this year.
They're great with pasta so I'll have a go. Thanks for

the url.

You can roll up more or less any untreated paper (so don't

try Bronco or
Izal) and use that.

A few questions:
How long does it take from spawning to eating?
Does one have to tie string round the roll to stop it
unrolling as time goes on?
Do you have to water it?
If so, how much?
Can I keep the roll in the dark in the garage right from day
nought?
How long does a roll remain productive?

It doea seem rather like expensive mushrooms at over £9 for
10 roll's worth

Franz

Franz