Old 23-03-2004, 05:12 PM
pcy

Default newbie question.... healthy rose plant, no flower

You may be right; I watered almost everyday (because
I thought that would help the plant grow & flower).
I admit I know VERY LITTLE about growing roses.
I want to learn; hence, I am reading this newsgroup.

Thanks to everyone who responded.

Phanendra

Chuck wrote:
I've heard that if they get TOO much water, the leaves will do great, but
not the flowers.

FWIW

"pcy" wrote in message

Hello,

We had planted several rose plants (bought from Home Depot,
also from a nursery)last year. Two of those plants grew
at a (more than) healthy rate. The plants always looked great;
however, those 2 rose plants NEVER flowered throught the whole
year. Do some rose plants never flower? Or something wrong
with our soil/ fertilizer we're feeding?
FYI, I am in Chicagoland area (for weather considerations).

Your comments/suggestions are appreciated...

Phanendra