Old 23-03-2004, 06:52 PM
Brian

Default Bee Balm Seedlings

This does not grow true to variety from seed. If you want more, then root
division is the best method.
Seeds, if you wish, should be sown in early spring, under protection, to
be set out in nursery rows before final planting in October.
Take care though, as it can become invasive.
Clumps should be divided every two or three years in early spring.
Books suggest manuring liberally in the spring, but I doubt the wisdom
or necessity of this statement.
Best Wishes.
"Fleemo" wrote in message
m...
Two seasons ago, I planted some Jacob Kline Monarda in the garden, and
had wonderful results. Last season, dozens of seedlings grew in the
same area, but not a single one grew to maturity. This year I have
lots of seedlings again and would like to ensure they grow to blooming
stage. What might I do to enhance their chance of success? Should I
thin out the seedlings so they don't compete with each other?
Fertilize frequently? Any advice appreciated.

-Fleemo