Old 23-03-2004, 09:51 PM
madgardener

Default Ranunculus

is there a Ranunculus that is known as "flora pleno"? I had a plant that
loved a damp place that had these awesome little minature bright yellow,
waxy looking flowers that were no larger than my thumbnail. It would throw a
couple three daughters to runner from the central mother plant. I gave
starts of it away until one spring it never returned for me. There is a
single variety that is wild around here, but it was a deffinate double that
I was told by the agricultural extension agent that it was a creeping
Ranunculus, or true buttercup variety flora pleno. I'd LOVE to find it again
and get it reestablished. The flowers rose about six to 7 inches above the
ruffled leaves. . ...
madgardener
"paghat" wrote in message
news
In article ,
(McFadden57) wrote:

Does anyone have growing tips or experience with ranunculus?
Are they easy to grow?
Should I start them indoors (I am in Vermont)
Thank you.

There are many species of Ranunculus. If you mean Ranunculus ficara, it is
easy to grow & can become a little weedy, but is so small & emphemeral for
early spring that it is hardly apt ever to be a nuisance even if it gets a
bit rampant. The named cultivars spread less rapidly. Page:
http://www.paghat.com/ranunculusficaria.html

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"