Old 24-03-2004, 04:55 AM
RoyDMercer

Default New House, no chemicals?

The best organic thing you can do for a lawn is keeping it properly watered,
fertilized, mowed, and thatch free. There are many types of organic
fertilizers available. The type you need will depend on your grass and
soil. A strong, healthly lawn will choke out most weeds. Keeping lawn
debris cleaned up will help keep down the fleas and ticks.

If you want to go organic, you're probably going to have to get used to some
weeds and bugs, although there are many organic products that can keep them
at bay. Check out books and videos by Jerry Baker of PBS fame. He has an
organic solution for just about everything you can imagine.

"Jo Cohen" wrote in message
Hi folks, I just bought a new home last September and want to keep all
sorts of chemicals off my lawn for health, environmental, and dog
reasons. Can anyone recommend organic products that will help me keep
the lawn happy and healthy?

Thanks,

Joanne