Old 24-03-2004, 05:12 AM
zxcvbob

Default Planting kumquat seeds

wrote:
zxcvbob in
:

I've planted maybe 50 kumquat seeds and had zero come up. When I
planted key lime seeds, every seed sprouted; some of them had 2 shoots
from one seed. Does refrigerating the kumquats kill or slow down the
seeds? I know kumquat trees are much less sensitive to cold than
limes, so I wouldn't think so. Why won't my kumquat seeds grow?

never tried. if oyu cut a seed open, does it look healthy?

you collected these so you know they haven't been treated (badly), yes?

I scratched a couple of seeds up, and they are germinating. They just are
taking a *long* time. The key lime seeds came up in a week.

The kumquats were some that Wife bought at the store and I don't know how
badly they might have been treated. They were refrigerated, and I know the
key limes were not.

Best regards,
Bob