Old 24-03-2004, 09:01 AM
Phil Williamson

Default lights, fertilizer, CO2?

Algae isn't a problem in my tank. How long would it take to see the effects
of the CO2?

Phil...

"Alex R" wrote in message
"Phil Williamson" wrote in message
Hi all,

I have a moderate to heavy planted 20 gal tank and I'm noticing that the
plants are growing at a decent rate but they seem to be getting holes in
them and rotting. Here's my tank specs:

- 15 watt powerglo
- 15 watt sunglow
- leaf zone plant fert.

I got my water tested the other week at my LFS and they seem to be well
within normal levels.

Do you think my tank would benefit from CO2 via a nutrafin natural plant
system?

I think CO2 would make a difference, but if you don't have any

(filamentous)
algae, it's not mandatory at your lighting. What I would suggest is

changing
your trace supplement to something more complete. Try Seachem Flourish,
Kent, or Tropica Mastergrow. The holes in your plants sounds like a lack

of
potassium, which the Leaf Zone doesn't provide enough of. For that, try

the
Seachem potassium supplement, or get some dry potassium sulfate, which is
more cost-effective. http://www.gregwatson.com/products.asp has it for

sale.
__
Alex