Old 24-03-2004, 11:47 AM
robbos senior robbos senior is offline
Registered User

Location: NE England
Unhappy Olive Tree care in NE

We have an Olive tree in a container 27cm high x 34cm wide and it is growing fairly well. currently 134cm. It had a numberr of olives last year although they all dropped eventually, branches are rather floppy. We put it in a cold greenhouse during winter.

1. should it br pruned regularly ?

2. is the container big enough - do they restrict their roots according to container size ? We saw some fairly large ones in France in medium sized containers and they seemed to be OK

3. I believe that the olives are not a practical task to harvest in UK, is that true.

Looking forward to some info !