Old 24-03-2004, 12:42 PM
J. Del Col

Default newbie question.... healthy rose plant, no flower

pcy wrote in message ...
You may be right; I watered almost everyday (because
I thought that would help the plant grow & flower).
I admit I know VERY LITTLE about growing roses.
I want to learn; hence, I am reading this newsgroup.

Roses are thirsty plants, and it is almost impossible to overwater
them. I seriously doubt this had any bearing at all on the plant's
failure to flower.
I water my roses several times a week. They all bloom very nicely
every year.
Lack of sunlight is a far more probable cause of failure to bloom, but
there can be other reasons.

What variety is it? Where is it planted? What kind of fertilizer did
you use and how often? The answers to these questions might help
pinpoint the problem.

The little Ortho book on roses is an excellent, reasonably priced
guide to basic rose care. It is available at any home improvement
store or from Amazon.

J. Del Col