Old 24-03-2004, 02:32 PM
Tim Tompkins

Default J&P on Fortuniana root stock

That is 'the question'.

If you can find out who the wholesale grower is and where their fields are
you can make an educated quess as to the root stock.

SOME growers specify the root stock used, most don't.

As always, they are a business, they make business decisions, not
necessiarly in the best interest of the customer.

You can sometimes find information about the grower on the web and in the
Combined Rose List. If all else fails, contact them and ask.

Tim

"Dick Zielinski" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 23 Mar 2004 11:20:03 -0700, "Tim Tompkins"
wrote:

Growers usually choose their root stock based upon the soil conditions in
their area.

snip

Ok, that sounds like a real plus. But how can I know what soil
condition a particular rose or rootstock is intended for. And how does
one know what rootstock is being used... unlike fruit trees,I've never
seen it listed.

Dick