Old 24-03-2004, 05:17 PM
Rod

Default mushroom boxes

On Tue, 23 Mar 2004 18:04:47 GMT, Jaques d'Alltrades
wrote:

However, you can do it even cheaper by making 'logs' out of
tightly-rolled newspaper. Higher quality paper has too much clay in it,
I would think.

I've seen somewhere else that oyster mushrooms will grow on chipboard -
but that might depend on the wood the chips came from.

I'm going to look deeper into this, our cook's been asking about
oyster mushrooms. I saw something in one of the weekend papers a month
or two back about a microbiologist & a forester who have teamed up
growing a vast range of edible fungi on low value timber. I think
they're selling spores as well. I can get as much sawmill waste as I
can take away, I just need the spores and the know how.

Rod

Weed my email address to reply