Old 24-03-2004, 05:17 PM
David W.E. Roberts

Default jasmine for mother's day - help!!!

"Martin" wrote in message
snip
This is a serious question, not a "Dig." I noticed that the previous

owners
of our current house had removed a couple of plants before heading off.
Something we would never have dreamed of doing. Is this common practise in
England?

Dedicated (and casual) gardeners like to take stuff with them.
We brought a few things to Suffolk from Derbyshire - couple of grape vines,
some rhubarb, a fuscia which was a cutting from another place, some
Geraniums which were originally from my Mum's garden.
Nothing major, just plants with a sentimental attachment.
Listed in the details accompanying the sale, ISTR.

I suspect that some unscrupulous people buy in shrubs to dress the garden
(you see the makeover programmes spending hundreds if not thousands of
pounds on mature plants) then take them with them when they move.

IANAL but AFAIK you should list them, but I don't know how practical it is
to sue the vendor for £500 worth of missing shrubbery.

Cheers
Dave R