Old 24-03-2004, 05:17 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default Tea Leaves Down Sink Or Compost / Garden ?

The message
from Frogleg contains these words:

Any thoughts on suitability for using tea leaves in garden etc or for
clearing sink drain ?

Good for plants/compost; bad for drains.

I wonder *how* your mother believes tea leaves 'clear' a drain. And of
what. Obviously it can't be the wet leafiness, or she'd be throwing
down celery tops and spinach. If it's supposed to be some chemical
action, would tea be safe to drink? I don't fancy drinking dilute
drain-cleaner.

Lots of people do though - Coca Cola is an ace drain and bog cleaner.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/