Old 24-03-2004, 05:18 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default New Patio on Old Concrete

The message
In article ,
"PK" writes:

| Yes and no! Sand alone will not make a secure long term base - it
will wash
| out and ants will move it.

Er, no. See Cormaic's pages. When done right, it will last for
decades and often centuries. For millennia, you need a better
construction.

The ground floors of my late uncle's house were pamments laid on sand,
as were the floors in my parents' place.

I don't know when the pamments were laid, but the houses dated
(respectively) from about 1000 AD and 1500 AD

Personally, I'd use sand.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/