Old 24-03-2004, 05:23 PM
Nick Maclaren

Default Hedging

In article ,
Henriette Kress hetta @ spamcop.net wrote:

Hola urg, how's life?

Beginning to stop bemoaning the weather and sowing seeds :-)

Dunno that berberis is all that dangerous - it's downright nice compared
to hawthorn. Roses are good teachers, though, especially the wild ones.

Not Berberis vulgaris - that has needle-like spines 1-2" long. And
I mean REALLY like needles. Hawthorn is cuddly by comparison.

And I think every kid should overeat on apples and plums at least once,
preferably somebody elses. In good apple and plum years the garden
owner(s) might make angry noises, but that should just be so's the kids
can think they've done something dangerous, because there's much too
much too much too much fruit.

I've had lots of fun eating ripe apples while they were still hanging
on to their trees ... not that I'd do that these days, nope, not me.
That? Nah, that must've been somebody else.

I recommend unripe bananas for a really good bellyache :-)

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.