Old 24-03-2004, 05:26 PM
Bella

Default Purple potatoes

"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote in message
The message
from martin contains these words:

My wife has planted potatoes that are purple inside. She tried cooking
some this evening, they lost their purple colour when cooked. Whoops!

Add a little white vinegar to the water when you're cooking them... a small
amount (teaspoon?) shouldn't affect the taste noticably, but ought to be
enough to preserve the colour. (at least make it appear less grey)
I love using them... took me ages to convince my aunts that I did NOT add
blue food colouring to the mash potatoes last thanksgiving
I'll try growing them this year (BF's mother was our usual supply, but they
live so far away...)