Old 24-03-2004, 05:48 PM
Mervyn Thomas

Default Growing mint from cuttings

Best done from root cuttings - just put some roots in compost.

"Tim Tyler" wrote in message ...
Janet Baraclough.. wrote or quoted:
from Tim Tyler contains these words:

I'm trying to grow some mint from cuttings.

Mint is /supposed/ to root easily - but I'm having some problems.

I've tried putting the cuttings in water, but find that they wilt
faster than they take up fresh water.

Did you cut the ends of the stems before you put them in water?

I did.

I suspect there may also bo some mystical art of slicing bits from
the side - which I haven't mastered yet.

I may persevere with my science experiments.

I may wait until next time I see my Gran - and steal some of her mint.

Or I might try a garden centre.
--