Old 24-03-2004, 05:50 PM
Franz Heymann

Default mushroom boxes

"Rod" wrote in message
On Tue, 23 Mar 2004 18:04:47 GMT, Jaques d'Alltrades
wrote:

However, you can do it even cheaper by making 'logs' out

of
tightly-rolled newspaper. Higher quality paper has too

much clay in it,
I would think.

I've seen somewhere else that oyster mushrooms will grow

on chipboard -
but that might depend on the wood the chips came from.

I'm going to look deeper into this, our cook's been asking

about
oyster mushrooms. I saw something in one of the weekend

papers a month
or two back about a microbiologist & a forester who have

teamed up
growing a vast range of edible fungi on low value timber.

I think
they're selling spores as well. I can get as much sawmill

waste as I
can take away, I just need the spores and the know how.

Please keep us informed about how to contact that pair of
entrepreneurs.

Franz