Old 24-03-2004, 05:52 PM
Janet Baraclough..

Default RESULT : Create uk.rec.gardening.allotments FAILS 12:26

The message
from "shazzbat" contains these words:

"jane" wrote in message
This just appeared on u.n.n.c. (this forward isn't crossposted)

My thanks to Pedt for running the vote.

jane

SNIP
I was wondering why it hadn't happened here.

Pedt has posted it in urg, it arrived with Jane's copy on my news server.

I also notice that several voters on both sides are not names I would call
regular or even casual posters here,

Quite.

although I have neither the know-how or
the inclination to search posting history to confirm or deny this.
We must have a lot of lurkers.

Maybe. Sometimes trolls here pretend to have support from silent
lurkers.Urg certainly has trolls who use multiple ID's to attack
gardening posters, undermine the group, mislead newbies, and create a
false impression of support for themselves.

If you look in unnc, there's evidence in uk.legal that the rejected
"voter" is another false ID/sock puppet.

Janet