Old 25-03-2004, 12:12 AM
chagoi

Default 55 gal. drum bead filter

Drew Cutter wrote:
I wish the upright diagram of DIY bead filter would of label the bottom
left outlet (the one the sealed) . Its functions ?

that is the outlet from the filter, the creator of the filter seem to
have assembled it wrong. Floow the hand written diagram. The simplest
solution seems to be to replace the top tee fitting with a cross fitting.

What do you fill the insides with ? How much Kaldnes , etc . Is Kaldnes
the right material ?

Fill the barrel 1/2 to 1/3 full of the bio-media.

What is the material wrap around the top and bottom tube (with security
straps) ?

nylon window screening

Thanks. Is their a list of sizes and type of fitting needed
(parts list )

No! That posting was from Aug. 2001

? I'm going to take trip out to lowes to see if they have
the parts.

appears to be 2"

Chagoi