Old 25-03-2004, 01:05 AM
Nedra

Default KOI Questions

Well ... everyone can plainly see I lose my temper
very quickly. sigh It's inbred!

Lee, you have the best advice ...
Wayne, please hurry with that 3,000 gallon pond. We don't
want the Koi to suffer!

Nedra

"Lee B." wrote in message
(Long sigh) - yeh, the guys at the local fish store told me my 100 gal.
preform would support 5 koi, too. Then I found out OTHERwise! No way. I
think they just want to sell fish: after all, if you kill them, you'll

come
back for more, right?

Better start planning and break out the shovel: you'll be turning your

nice
little pre-form into a veggie filter or a header for the water fall to

feed
that new 3,000 gallon pond you'll have to dig very (VERY) soon G!

Lee

"Wayne" wrote in message
om...
I installed a 220 gallon pre-formed pond for my wife about 3 years ago.

It
has a fountain filter and plenty of plants. The water is extremely

clear
with only 10 goldfish in it. She surprised me today by bringing home 4
small fingerling Koi to put in the pond. I urged her to take them back,
that they are too much and will get too big for the pond. She argues

that
they aren't going back and that she will get rid of them if they get too
big. She also said that the guy who sold them to her told her that it

would
take about five years for them to get six inches long. I think that

he's
full of crap and that my wife has lost her wits. Feedback on this

matter
will be deeply appreciated.