Old 25-03-2004, 01:12 AM
mprevette

Default How to grow Lantanas?

I think I'm also in zone 7. I got my plants on E-Bay and the seller said
that they would come back! But you never know! I won't dig them up just yet.
Thanks!

yorkdl

"Callen Molenda" wrote in message
mprevette wrote:

I bought 3 Lantana's last summer. This is the first spring since I

planted
them and right now, they look like they're dead. Since I've never had

any
Lantana's before, I don't know what time of year they're supposed to

come
back out. Could someone please give me some information on these plants.
Thank you!

yorkdl

I live in North Carolina.

I am of the impression that most lantanas are considered "tender
perennials" and as such, don't easily winter over. I am in Central VA,
zone 7, and I dig mine and bring them in over the winter. Do you know
your zone? It may not have survived.

I love lantanas, it's worth digging them out and wintering them over for
their wonderful colors.

Callen