Old 25-03-2004, 02:29 AM
Ray

Default orchids toxic to cats?

The answer is "no" to plant toxicity. Residual pesticides, sure.

Get yourself an Oncidium cebolleta, and the cat will "trip" its way away
from orchids ever again.

.. . . . . . . . . . .
"Alison" wrote in message
om...
Are there any cat lovers here? I know some plants are toxic to cats,
but was wondering about orchids. Is it possible that the smell of an
orchid could bother a cat? Our foster kitty has some other medical
problems that are making her obnoxious at the moment, but I was
wondering if it's coincidence that she acts so scared to come out of
hiding in the cellar, sneaking up the steps & looking around with big
eyes as if she can smell another cat in the house or something... at
approximately the same time as my brassia reached full bloom & started
putting out its fragrance.
Just curious whether anyone had any experience with their cats &
orchids not getting along.

Alison