Old 25-03-2004, 08:21 AM
Marcy Hege

Default How to grow Lantanas?

I didn't mention in my earlier post that I am in NC, some folks put me in Zone
7, others in Zone 8. My lantana, "Miss Huff" as I noted before, has come back 3
times and I'm hoping for another season.

I do not cut back the dead limbs in winter since I was told cutting back might
allow water to penetrate into the roots through the hollow stem and freeze it.
So, right now, I have 6 ft. dead branches of lantana in my garden bed but by
June, I should have a 6 ft. tall flowering magnet for the butterflies. The
blooms start with a yellow/orange hue then morph to reddish orange. For a
picture, http://www.horticopia.com/hortpix/html/pc3262.htm

Marcy