Old 25-03-2004, 02:19 PM
Snooze

Default 55 gal. drum bead filter

"Drew Cutter" wrote in message
Looking for a howto turn my two 55 gal. drum into bead filters ?

Drew

In following some of the threads you've started lately, I get the feeling
that you're new to managing a pond. I suggest that perhaps before building
the ultimate filter system, you let it run on autopilot for a season, it
will give you an idea of what you're dealing with.

For the first season just take a drum, toss floor buffing pads, or nylon
screening material, add lots of water lilies and water hyacinths. That will
give you an idea of what needs to be added, plus it will give you some time
to learn from other ponders here.

Watch as the weather warms up, people will start complaining about the short
comings of their filtering system, make notes of it, and collect ideas for
your own pond. That's how I built my filter system. Granted it's not as
elaborate as the one you intend to make, but it does a good job for my pond.

Sameer