Old 25-03-2004, 02:44 PM
Nina Shishkoff

Default [IBC] willow leaf bonsai dropping leaves

Amen, Billy. A lot of people think occasional misting will make up for
dry indoor air. It doesn't. All it does is create a fine layer of
moisture which is perfect for developing bacteria and mold.
Alan Walker

I'd estimate that 99% of the people who contact me with indoor bonsai
problems mist their trees. And I always explain to them that it has no
effect on relative humidity in their house. Earlier today someone was
having problems with a tree that they misted with softened water (i.e.,
water treated with high amounts of ionic sodium). I told them to STOP.

Some days I'd just like to ban indoor bonsai. The longer I do bonsai, the
more I notice that my indoor trees are just houseplants with pretensions.

Nina

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++