Old 25-03-2004, 03:46 PM
nick gray

Default Plug thingies

"Titch" wrote in message
Sorry for yet another question.
On Friday's GW, Monty was using these small sack type things to put seeds
into. I have asked at my local nursery and they said they have no idea

what
they are called as they buy them in like that? Anyone know the name of

them
and where they can be purchased?

Thanks
Titch

The large pellets are Jiffy 7's the smaller ones are Jiffy 5's. I'm not sure
if they are still producing the retail packs, but nurseries purchase them
stapled onto a long pvc roll, which they roll out onto their staging, or in
boxes of 1000.

Contact a local nursery as they may be able to give / sell you some.

Alternatively try Kings seeds - http://ecom.kingsseeds.com/ (click
catalogueSundriesJJiffy) - they sell 50 Jiffy 7's at £2.99

HTH

Cheers

nick
www.ukgardening.co.uk