Old 25-03-2004, 06:02 PM
chagoi

Default 55 gal. drum bead filter

Drew Cutter wrote:

Drew

Did you see the vertical version of larrys filter

http://tinyurl.com/24egq

chagoi

Where would I locate air back wash or do i need it ?

http://www.keirinponds.com/aquadyne.html
best article I've found to explain the increase in efficiency and
exactly how it helps increase the efficiency.

DEFINITIONS: dictionary
compressor
A machine for compressing gases; especially, an air compressor.

blower
(Mech.) A device for producing a current of air; as: (a) A machine for
producing an artificial blast or current of air by volume.

mine(as a Millright):

compressor: High Pressure 60#, Low Volume 15 CFM Cubic feet Per Minute

blower: High Volume 20 CFM, Low Pressure 60#.

To add a DIY air backwash to your DIY bead filter you would need a DIY
air blower like a spa/hottub air blower to make it work.

you need a large volume of air to violently mix up the beads to break
free the waste material and get it into suspension in the water before
washing it out of the filter.

Chagoi