Old 25-03-2004, 07:48 PM
Mary Fisher

Default POISONING CATS?

"Rodger Whitlock" wrote in message
On Thu, 25 Mar 2004 12:53:08 +0000 (UTC), Mike wrote:

May I remind you that cats are also loved? And that their rodent
control activities demand that they be allowed to roam freely?

And some people love mice and rats.

Next time a moggie shits on your lawn, stop and think about the
number of rats and mice she has destroyed. I think if you look
into it, you'll find that cats are an important part of keeping
the rodent population under control. Would you prefer an outbreak
of plague or Black Death to an immaculate lawn.

Oh come ON!!!!!!!!

I've had cats - only one at a time - and when the most recent made his last
visit to the vet we both wept, we'd had him for nearly 21 years and he'd
spent more time with us than the children had. But he wasn't a nuisance to
neighbours - as theirs were and are to us.

Now we have two pen hens and they are worried by local cats, quite apart
from the garden digging and depositing they do.

We don't have an immaculate lawn - only vegetables which are sprayed by cats
and scratched up - at best.

And cats don't just 'keep the rodent population under control' - they also
keep the wild small bird population down when it's under threat from other
sources too.

As for plague and black death, that's just silly and not worth commenting
on.

Mary.

Mary