Old 30-01-2003, 07:49 PM
David J. Bockman

Default [IBC] Soil Products

Hi Ben,

I really like rotted oak leaf as an organic soil component to bonsai soil.

- It is ridiculously cheap and easy to prepare.

- Of the common organic components used in bonsai soil it is by far the
slowest to break down, thus a longer lasting component.

- Oak leaf mold acidifies the mixture (@ 4 parts Terragreen/Turface, 1 part
oak leaf) to about 6.20-6.25. I can further acidify the soil if required by
the particular subject easily, using an acidifier like aluminum sulfate,
Miracid, or Hollytone fertilizer.

Bunabayashi Bonsai On The World Wide Web: http://www.bunabayashi.com
email: