Old 25-03-2004, 11:42 PM
Darren Garrison

Default What the heck are these?

On Thu, 25 Mar 2004 22:13:04 GMT, Frogleg wrote:

Very healthy-looking daylilies, too. Try and separate the individual
plants and get 'em in the ground. The flowers (and buds) are edible,
too.

I seperated out the individual plants from the clusters (resisting the urge to snap off each swollen
segment) and ended up with a dozen plants. I've already planted them in a raised bed that I had
just today finished prepairing but hadn't yet decided what to plant in it. Thanks for all of the
quick and helpful replies-- I didn't want to plant them only to find later that it was some kind of
uninteresting weed. (I was thinking that it was SOME type of lily as the roots looked similar to
some foxtail lily roots I had seen on QVC, but so far I hadn't been able to google up a picture that
matched).