Old 26-03-2004, 12:35 AM
Bob Hobden

Default Seed help please?

"Frogleg" wrote in message
I have germinated some passion fruit seeds in a pot in my kitchen.

What do I need to do to keep them and then grow them on? They are

currently
30mm tall.

You *might* get away with planting outdoors, depending on local
conditions. However, these are mostly sub-tropical/tropical plants.
See:

http://www.crfg.org/pubs/ff/passionfruit.html

I would think that as the seed was obtained from a friend presumably growing
it outside in the UK that it's probably Passiflora caerulea which can be
grown outside in the UK especially down South and against a S. facing wall
or suntrap. They have a monster in the garden opposite me (well they did
till I pruned it to get at the Wisteria it had engulfed!).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/gardening/plant...ages/614.shtml

Unfortunately the fruit aren't much good to eat. It's not the passion fruit
you see in the shops they are from strictly tropical ones.

--
Regards
Bob

Use a useful Screen Saver...
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/
and find intelligent life amongst the stars