Old 26-03-2004, 12:53 AM
Rodger Whitlock

Default Rose "Kiftsgate"

On Thu, 25 Mar 2004 14:54:48 +0000 (UTC), Franz Heymann wrote:

In a fit of enthusiasm, my wife and I fell for a specimen of
this rose, and are now considering what to do with it.
We have a very ugly small tree which flowers to an almost
negligible extent, and has barely enough leaves to keep it
alive. It occured to us to just let the Kiftsgate loose on
it, without bothering with any regular training. Is this a
viable or a bum idea?

I'm not sure if it's Kiftsgate or some other Godzilla-rose, but
in the University of Washington Arboretum in Seattle, there's a
rose that climbs to the top of a two-hundred foot high western
red cedar and then cascades down the outside of the foliage.

You have been warned.

--
Rodger Whitlock
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada