Old 26-03-2004, 06:08 AM
Pranab Nag

Default [IBC] humidity

For what is worth, raising humidity by misting would be extremely hard
inside a house in winter. The relative humidity inside the house drops
to 25-30% at the peak of the winter. It would be really hard to raise
that to a level that tropical plants like.

Having said that I regularly mist my tropicals but I drench them so that
most of the plant becomes wet. Basically a mini shower. The rel.
humidity rises to about 45% in the vicinity. In a hours time it would be
hard to figure out that they ever got drenched.

I never noticed any ill-effects of my misting schedule. Plants I want to
keep on the drier side I just skip those.

BTW my plants are in the basement with lights so it is easy to just mist
them heavily.

-Pranab