Old 26-03-2004, 07:12 AM
gregpresley

Default Photinia "Red Robin" - need advice!

There are varieties of nandina that grow lower and more densely than the
standard kind. All have reddish leaves at times of the year, and interesting
form, and they don't outgrow their space. However, they are not as dense as
some people like hedges to be. I think they might be hardy in
Charlottesville.
"Debbie" wrote in message
Hi

Last summer, I planted four Photinia "Red Robin" shrubs in my front yard
because I loved the colour of their leaves and thought they would make an
attractive property divide. They have now almost doubled in size but when

took a close look at them recently I noticed that they are absolutely
covered in some kind of leaf spot. I am not a knowledgeable gardener, but

have read online that Photinia appear to be prone to leaf spot. I would
like to save the plants but am not sure what to do. Any advice would be
gratefully received.

Many thanks - Debbie
Virginia, USA