Old 26-03-2004, 07:32 AM
richard patefield

Default [IBC] humidity

On Thu, 25 Mar 2004 07:54:14 -0800, you wrote:

Good morning Group,

I have listened to you talk about humidity and the "No effect " it has
on the Bonsai plant.

I don't think that is what was said.

The 'myth' referred to is that misting and water trays increase the
relative humidity indoors to a significant degree.

Billy M. claimed that, 'A tray of water under the
plant can't increase the humidity in the air enough to matter.'

If memory serves, the average air in a domestic room, say a dining
room, changes twice an hour - once in your sitting room.

The idea of creating a microclimate around a plant can only work in a
living room where no-one lives.

Just my scientifically unsupported opinion.

Richard P.

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++