Old 26-03-2004, 09:32 AM
kevin bailey

Default [IBC] son of a beech

I haven't had any luck with roots removed from beech (Fagus sylvatica).
A very large one (5" across) did sprout a single tiny leaf, over a year
later but the stump died in the second year. Smaller ones have never
sprouted for me like elms do. It costs nothing to try though.

Good luck

Kev Bailey
Vale Of Clwyd, North Wales