Old 26-03-2004, 11:34 AM
Billy M. Rhodes

Default [IBC] humidity

In a message dated 3/26/2004 1:40:24 AM Eastern Standard Time,
writes:

. When
I get a larger place, I'll set up a greenhouse with one of those continuous
misting systems that are supposed to work so well for propagating seedlings
and cuttings.

I know from experience that misting systems work for rooting cuttings
but I have never heard of them helping seedlings. The misting helps cuttings
because they have no roots to take up moisture. A seedling has roots to do
this. I think I would worry more about the misting promoting fungus in a
seedling bed.

Billy on the Florida Space Coast
BSF Annual Convention May 28 - 31, 2004 Radisson Hotel, Cape Canaveral,
Florida
Sponsored by The Bonsai Society of Brevard and the Treasure Coast Bonsai
Society
http://www.bonsaisocietyofbrevard.org/2004/2004.html

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++