Old 26-03-2004, 01:45 PM
Drew Cutter

Default 55 gal. drum bead filter

All of this takes a lot of time and work, a pond isn't something you can run
on auto pilot by building the ultimate pond filter. And even if you could,
it just wouldn't be as fun or rewarding.

The kind of filter you design has to be built on the situation you are
facing. if you have a lot of leaves, dust and stuff being blown into your
pond then a 2 drum filter with a settling chamber might be the ticket. If
you've got a lot of green water, a veg filter will help clear things up. And
if you've got a high fish load, a bio filter is needed.

Most of us don't just have a signal filter, we employ multiple filters. One
of my favorite ones, was built by someone who has more skill then I ever
will.

Sameer :
This is why I love this newsgroups. I was planning on using my
second 55 gal. drum for skimmer/leaves waste material. I know which
skimmer I going to use. But I don't know about the best way for getting
rid of leaves. I just discover the other morning that I have two
raccoons . I live in town. Yipee . Any suggestion on the second 55gal
drum for leaves ?