Old 26-03-2004, 02:17 PM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] humidity

I grow seedlings in my garage using a grow light and a
Saranwrap tent over
the trays. For humidification, I use a $35 cold air ultrasonic

mister from
Walmart that has a 2 gallon reservoir. A simple plastic dryer

duct connects
the mister to the tent. I put the mister on an interval timer

(10 minutes
on, 30 off) and add water to the reservoir every 2 or 3 days.

My coast live
oak acorns were planted on 1 January and now the seedlings are

about 6
inches tall and enjoying the sunshine and fresh air on my front

porch. When
I get a larger place, I'll set up a greenhouse with one of

those continuous
misting systems that are supposed to work so well for

propagating seedlings
and cuttings.

Goodness! Another reason to stay away from "indoor" trees.
They're a lot of work! ;-)

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Only where
people have learned to appreciate and cherish the landscape and
its living cover will they treat it with the care and respect it
should have - Paul Bigelow Sears.

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++