Old 26-03-2004, 02:55 PM
martin

Default POISONING CATS?

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 11:28:28 +0000, Victoria Clare
wrote:

"Martin" wrote in
:

Sacha wrote:

To state to others that they are vermin
is not only misleading but in your case it is downright dishonest and
if someone chose to take it far enough, could even be actionable.

I'm not interested in joining the debate about cats, but I strongly
believe that the statement above is just plain wrong at best. It would
not be possible to raise a successful action against someone who
called cats vermin in a newsgroup.

Indeed. I feel, though, that pointing out that deliberately hurting or
killing other people's pets is wrong was a worthwhile thing to do.

The archive could otherwise give the impression that the group is of one
mind, because no-one protested.

Only if you have half the urg posters in your kill file, several
people have protested, including me.

Protesting about something you believe is wrong is a good thing, even if
she did get a bit carried away.

I also believe that deliberately hurting or killing other people's pets is
wrong. I would not do it myself, regardless of the provocation and I would
step in if I saw someone else planning to do it.

So far, though, I don't think anyone who is an identifiable poster (rather
than an anonymous and unreliable troll) has actually said they are planning
to do this?

Franz is neither a troll nor an unidentifiable poster and he implied
that he was planning to do this.