Old 26-03-2004, 04:18 PM
Habsfan

Default My sprinklers didn't get winterized, what can I do?

We had our usual cold snaps of -40 for a few days, we didn't have our
usual amount of warming periods like we ususally do, which may be a
blessing. It seemed that once we got snow in November it seemed like
we had snow on the lawns for the entire winter.

Another question is when is it safe to turn the system back on?

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 10:10:45 -0600, "Jim" jim.morris wrote:

Depending on the size of the break in the line...if there is a break it will
affect the head popping up.
Since the head relies on water pressure to pop up and a small crack is
possibly in the plastic line then the head may come up lazy and not throw
the water as far. If they bounce right up and throw water like they did last
year I would say you have nothing to worry about.....If the contractor blew
"half of the water out" of your system. the water may be only located inside
your pipes underground as the heads would drain themselves of the water and
then not be affected by the freezing water....
Given the fact that you are from Calgary might be of some help too as you
folks get milder winters there....how cold was you coldest cold snap and for
how long?

Jim