Old 26-03-2004, 04:20 PM
pgiblin

Default Transplanting Mountain Ash

I have a mountain Ash which has been in my garden for three years. It was
initially planted by the landscapers (New House). I am now having the drive
widened and wondered about the feasibility of moving it. The trunk is about
two inches thick and it is about 12 feet high, it is a fairly young tree.

Is it worth trying to move it and what are the chances of success? Is there
anything that I especially need to do to improve it's chances, or should it
be skipped.

It seems a shame to get rid of it. Any help gratefully received.

PG