Old 26-03-2004, 04:42 PM
meya5867

Default Help ID vine/getting rid of them

We recently moved into a house with a rather wild vine filled backyard. I
have been hacking away at these things since fall and have removed most of
them from the smaller trees but with the advent of spring, I'm afraid it
will be a losing battle as the ground is full of runners.

I was a bit reluctant to spray it all with vegetation killer as we have
several chestnut trees with a gazillion nuts on the ground and lots of small
wildlife.
My yard also slighty slopes downward to a ditch/stream with tiny fish. This
usually dries up by summer, tho.

How do I get rid of these things? Pic#5,10, & 20 show the most prolific vine
and I think they might have had yellow-orangey trumpet flowers last summer,
there are thorny vines wild rose?and apparently poison ones itch as
well. Pic#6 is Tarzan style stuff.
http://home.bham.rr.com/meyepage/

We are transplanted in zone 7b, Alabama. Thanks for any ideas.