Old 26-03-2004, 05:18 PM
Mike

Default Climbers

Come quick Jenny, there's money to be made :-)

I still remember watching Dutch guys with a camper in Greece
collecting Belgian PEP Spa bottles from the beach to take back to NL
to collect the 50Cent deposits.

When I was doing my National Service back in 1958, those who had joined as
regulars had a lot more money than us (we had 10 shillings a fortnight, 50
pence to you youngsters), we would take 'their' Coke bottles back to Naafi
and have the 3d deposit. By agreement of course !!! But of course these were
the days when one met a girl, courted, got engaged, got married, got a house
and THEN had children. During the 2 years of National Service we saved
sufficient for the deposit on a house, so when I came out, we had a roof
over our heads, BEFORE we had a family.

OK so I am an old square, but I know where I would rather be now :-)))))))

Mike

--
H.M.S.Loch Fada Association Reunion Scarborough April 2nd - 5th
H.M.S.Newfoundland Association Reunion Hayling Island April 23rd - 26th