Old 26-03-2004, 05:34 PM
Isom, Jeff , EM, PTL

Default [IBC] humidity

Ok, I've got to jump in here -

When someone says "humidity tray" I have to assume they are referring to a
small, shallow tray with small gravel (or something like it) that is set
under a pot & tree and then "filled" with water. The idea being to increase
the humidity - create a small micro-climate - in that small area. Correct?
If that is the case, I'll buy the fact that it doesn't work (nor would
misting) when placed in a normal room. Too much air movement, air too dry,
etc. However, in my grow room I would argue that humidity trays do work
(as does misting). For one thing, the trays are pretty large and hold quite
a bit of water. There are quite a few of them. The room, while not sealed,
is enclosed in 8 mil plastic. I have a hygrometer in the room and there is
a noticeable difference in humidity when I "fill" the humidity trays vs.
when I don't. With just the two humidifiers running, I can keep the
humidity at around 40 - 50%. If I "fill" the humidity trays, the humidity
stays around 60% (until the trays dry out).

Jeff Isom
Cleveland, OH / Sunset Zone 39 (where it appears that spring may finally be
here...)

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++