Old 26-03-2004, 05:40 PM
martin

Default POISONING CATS?

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 16:59:07 -0000, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message

In article ,
martin writes:
| |
| | The fact that they are a serious health risk in the tropics is
| | not necessarily evidence that they are in the UK.
| |
| | Mosquitoes are there and not here.
| |
| | and unless you live near a major international airport.
|
| Even then, only for some ridiculous meaning of the word "serious".
|
| Catching malaria is serious for the person involved, but not you
| sitting on your bum in a college somewhere :-)

I suggest that you read the above a little more carefully. They
are not a serious health risk in the UK, because the chance of
them transmitting malaria EVEN near Heathrow is miniscule. The
aircraft flying overhead are more of a health risk, as you will
discover if you look up the statistics.

And the car journey to and from the airport is even more risky ... :-)

but malaria is forever.

How many people get nv CJD a year?

How much has nvCJD cost Britain?

I suspect that there are far more malaria victims in UK than there
will ever be nvCJD suffers.

http://www.ntu.ac.uk/life/sh/modules...ures/349-1.htm
there were 1110 case of malaria reported in UK in 1998