Old 26-03-2004, 06:05 PM
len gardener

Default Yipee - it lives again!

g'day fran,

i just about had the group buried thought maybe pc had gone out of
fashion, i've been checking every day for months and months looking
for words from any of the older hands or even newer hands. this is the
first new pc message i have seen even when i was with my old isp.

so it is great to hear and see you all again, now where is that vege
post.

we've just finished planting our broccoli, cabbages & cualiflower as
well as some of the seed potatoes, been going great guns here the best
wet seasson to date we had 1040mm of rain last year the best to date
and now we already have 7/10's of last years rainfall so far and more
coming, never seen so much grass.

don't know if anyone remembers how we did contour ripping to get water
underground well it worked a treat reckon it's the best and lowest
impact way of starting good management and restoration to damaged
soil. we have grasses hear that are nigh on 2 meters tall the average
is just over a meter, adn so much mix of grasses would be great to win
lotto and start fattening some beef for the table but that's a dream
at present.

anyway enough of me babbling on it would be great to see the group get
all fired up again, where's pete and wes and some names that slip me
memory right now.

oh ted & sheena are doing great guns he has had slightly better rain
and is now enjoying the sight and his cattle the pleasures of good
pastures, they will be visiting us on monday should be a good day.

see you all don't go shy again huh and could any posts i seemed to
have not gotten be reposted i'd love to be involved.

len

snipped
--
happy gardening